Sunday, November 29, 2009

Adobe Reader Error - Failed to Initialize?

My computer runs on Windows XP Home Edition has Adobe Reader 7.0.8.



When I click on a link that supports Adobe Reader in Internet Explorer, a new window pops up and displays the content (i.e. rebate form, etc.). I have no problem using the computer.



But a few seconds before the compuer shuts down, a warning window pops up and says something like "... failed to initialize..." This happens almost all the time after I open an Adobe Reader link in IE and then shut down the computer. It's diffidcult to see what the warning actually says because the computer then shuts down right after the warning pops up. But I think there is something wrong with opening the Adobe Reader file on internet.



The problem only happens when opening an Adobe Reader file on internet, not when the file is saved in my computer.



Could someone please explain how to fix this problem?



I know this is not a serious problem, but I just don't like to get error messages!!



Adobe Reader Error - Failed to Initialize?windows server 2003



This is a quick fix. Less time.



Remvoe your current acrobat reader ( remove all versions), restart your PC, then install it again from adobe.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair