Friday, November 27, 2009

Has Anyone Else Heard that Aspartame is Toxic?

I've read a lot about aspartame (Nutra Sweet, Spenda, etc...) are toxic to the body. I never use it myself because I can't stand the taste, but does anyone believe it causes serious problems ie. seizures, nerve damage, etc?



I have a family member that won't use anything but Nutra Sweet and it was just a concern of mine. Is this a conspiracy theory (I know Snopes.com says it is) or is it really truly bad for human consumption?



Has Anyone Else Heard that Aspartame is Toxic?microsoft flight simulator



There are dangers in aspartame and nutra sweet.



Before reading this next article it is important to know that the your body temperature is 98.6 degrees fahrenheit.



METHANOL (AKA WOOD ALCOHOL/POISON) (10% OF ASPARTAME)



Methanol/wood alcohol is a deadly poison. Some people may remember methanol as the poison that has caused some "skid row" alcoholics to end up blind or dead. Methanol is gradually released in the small intestine when the methyl group of aspartame encounter the enzyme chymotrypsin.



The absorption of methanol into the body is sped up considerably when free methanol is ingested. Free methanol is created from aspartame when it is heated to above 86 Fahrenheit (30 Centigrade). This would occur when aspartame-containing product is improperly stored or when it is heated (e.g., as part of a "food" product such as Jello).



Methanol breaks down into formic acid and formaldehyde in the body. Formaldehyde is a deadly neurotoxin. An EPA assessment of methanol states that methanol "is considered a cumulative poison due to the low rate of excretion once it is absorbed. In the body, methanol is oxidized to formaldehyde and formic acid; both of these metabolites are toxic." The recommend a limit of consumption of 7.8 mg/day. A one-liter (approx. 1 quart) aspartame-sweetened beverage contains about 56 mg of methanol. Heavy users of aspartame-containing products consume as much as 250 mg of methanol daily or 32 times the EPA limit



For more go to



http://enzyme-health.blogspot.com/2006/0...



Has Anyone Else Heard that Aspartame is Toxic?windows 2000 internet explorerMyth and folklore. No truth. http://www.snopes.com/medical/... Report It


Yes. People that drink tons of diet soda have mimicked symptoms of MS. When taken off, they go away. Basically when it breaks down in the body, it converts to a chemical very similar to embalming fluid.
yea i also heard that in diet coke they use it and if it goes higher then a specific temp. its reallly bad for ya can have bad effects
People have suspected of Aspartme causing cancer for decades.



Of course nothing you put in your body that's artificial is going to be "good" for you. But in my experience, it hasn't done anything bad yet.



I'm dependent on aritifical sweetners, so for my sake I better hope you're wrong.
its harmful to you if you consume 10 pounds of it a day, said the same thing about saccharine in around 1973
try checking it on the web
It gave me a Grand Mall Seizure. Since the hospital couldn't find any "medical" reason and my EEG came up clear (along with my CAT scan), they notified the DMV and I lost my drivers license due to "Unknown Lapse of Consciousness". I was without driving privileges for 8 months. (It could have gotten my license back in 6 months if they would have told me.)



I no longer use ANY artificial sweeteners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair