Wednesday, November 25, 2009

IE and Firefox keep losing wireless Internet access on laptop, but uTorrent doesn't?

I have a weird problem with my Dell E1505 laptop, running Vista Ultimate. I have a wireless network in my house and it works quite well. However, on a pretty regular basis I lose the ability to access the Internet with a browser. I do not lose the connection and it says I have "local and internet" access, but nothing on the browsers. To make it really confusing, if I have uTorrent running at the same time, it does not lose the access! it keeps downloading/uploading as if nothing was wrong. Most of the time turning the wireless off/on fixes the problem, but sometimes I have to reboot. This is the second router with the same problem, so I am assuming it is something with the laptop or the laptop's settings. Any ideas? thanks.



IE and Firefox keep losing wireless Internet access on laptop, but uTorrent doesn't?windows 95



if the internet cuts off again, try doing this:



go to start then run



type ipconfig /flushdns



it will clear the dns name list thingie, im not sure of the word



if it doesnt reconnect, it's probably nothing i can help you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair