Friday, November 27, 2009

To all computer preofessionals and who know alot about computer...please help!?

Ok,I have this really weird problem. Yesterday, around 5 pm, I was on the internet using Mozilla Firefox. I went to sleep afterwards and got back after about 4 hours to check my e-mail. The problem is, when I double clicked on Firefox, the browser showed up for afew seconds then closed by itself and an error showed up saying "Use IE you dope. I dnt hate Mozilla, but use IE or else". I never got this error ever, and it was weird because 4 hours ago it was working fine and all.



So I started using Internet explorer. On one of the forums, someone posted a link to a youtube clip. I clicked on the the link but I got another error saying "Youtube is banned you idiot. The administrators didnt write this program, you know who ???"



I tried to go to youtube.com and it didnt open. Instead I got the same error.



So I came up with the conclusion that maybe my brother is mesing with me and dogging my activity on the net. I think in the 4 hours I was away, he put afew errors here and there.



To all computer preofessionals and who know alot about computer...please help!?windows registry



I haven't heard of this problem before, but is sounds that you have been hacked.



It can be several issues.



The thinks that come to mind is



1) Virus (run virus scan for malware, spywares ect.)



2) Maybe your brother is hacking you from another computer (distance remote)



Anyways, I would run a virus scan and also look for new programs that might have been installed on your computer.



The error messages are made-up ones and somebody is hacking you.



To all computer preofessionals and who know alot about computer...please help!?ie 6 internet explorer



You have a virus infection.



Get hold of some antivirus software and run it over your computer.
it is simple. your brother made some batch files and replaced all your shortcuts with his batch files and messages. just dont use your shortcut and you should be able to get into firefox from the main exe in program files.
Your brother is smarter than you.



He did not go to sleep at 5pm.



Wake up!! 5pm geez.



zzzzzzzzzz
Delete the shortcuts you use to open Firefox and IE,



Go to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox



or wherever you installed Firefox to and make a shortcut of the .exe file and it should be fine.



And also do the same with IE.



Hope this helped



-Keir
Please backup your data some where else, format your system, put another operating system and thereafter protect your PC by restricting other users using a password.
Assuming its your brother or someone you know:



1) Kick their *** (then continue below)



Assuming you have no idea:



2) follow the fixes listed above AND



3) Turn off Remote Assistance. I know of NO ONE who has ever actually asked Microsoft to fix their computer online. If it does happen that you do one day, just turn it back on.



4) restart computer in safe mode, rerun AV and anti-spyware



5) restart computer normally



6) Still have issues? Run CCleaner, check the registry for oddness.



7)UNINSTALL firefox/IE



8)Run CCleaner again



9) Install firefox/ie fresh and new (hey, ie8 is out and so is firefox 3- might as well update now, eh?)



10) Check it out.



11)If you still have issues- then things are nuts. Make sure your ISP is dynamic (unless you MUST be set by your ISP) and that your DNS is either auto or opendns

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair