Friday, November 27, 2009

I try to hibernate, but it freezes on MS blue screen?

When I try to "hibernate"(bec. I dont want to shut down my files, but want to continue working on them the next day), my screen freezes. I've had this new computer %26amp; hi-spd internet serv for a few years, %26amp; this has never happened before. In the past, I've left dozens of IE pages and MS documents open, and hibernated with ease. Now when I try to do it, it will get to the MS logo on the blue screen saying "preparing to hibernate"....but it never does. I've waited 20 minutes. I've tried to do the Alt-Ctrl-Shf thing to see if I can determine what's going on, but it won't come up. And, I've had to completely shut the machine off by using the "button" (off/or/restart). I have the top 3 spyware (etc) programs, which I ran full scans with, %26amp; a full scan Norton antivirus, and I still am having the problem. I have tons of memory left. Yesterday all I had open was my Outlook %26amp; one IE web pg.--Pls try to give me a little tech help on where to find your suggestion on the computer--tks



I try to hibernate, but it freezes on MS blue screen?microsoft.com



Make sure that Hibernation is enabled and that you have the required disk space for this. You can find this under Control Panel, Power options, Hibernation tab. If it is enabled, uncheck, restart and renable. The hibernation file may be corrupt. Hope this helps.



I try to hibernate, but it freezes on MS blue screen?internet browser internet explorerSorry didn't mean to insult you! I have exp. this before and found that sometimes, for some odd reason, the option is disabled when i know g%26amp;w it was enabled the last time i checked! As for the steps i forgot, I am using a d-top with XPPro, that's how i get to the option on my system! G-luck! Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair