Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Reduced Power Light on 2002 Saturn L300?

I have a 2002 Saturn L300, it's been a great car has over 100,000 miles on it. Recently I went to leave my son's sitter's house and the reduced power light, which actually means no power, service engine and service engine soon lights came on. I've taken it to my mechanic and he is stumped! He's trying to not have to send it to the dealer but the computer isn't giving him any information. He's pretty well ruled out mechanical problems (ie transmission, throttle body). The car worked fine when I left my house, I drove to my sitter's to drop off my son, was inside about 15 minutes, came out and it started fine but then had absolutely no power, flooring the gas only got me to about 2 miles an hour. My mechanic told me this morning my car won't start now either. Any suggestions are welcome. We are trying to keep from having to take it to the deal, not just because I'd have to wait another week to get my car back but the added expense of towing it and what ever they "think" is wrong with it.



Reduced Power Light on 2002 Saturn L300?microsoft windows xp



have you had a diagnostics scan run on it?



Reduced Power Light on 2002 Saturn L300?ie 7 internet explorer



Reduced power can be a sign of a major system that the computer is watching shutting down. Most likely, if it is a major misfire (one of your cylinders has inadequate fuel coming in , or the spark plug is not firing) the engine has decided to hold back. The best idea is 1)have him connect his diagnostic equipment. If he gets no communication your car's main computer may be bad or wiring could be the issue. 2)if he does get codes, tell him to break them down and see what engine system they reference (fuel/ignition/electronics). It may be your mechanic is inexperienced in this specific diagnosis, and you may be forced to go elsewhere.



Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair