Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Lexmark printer doesn't work with Internet Explorer 6.0, notepad, and wordpad.?

After I installed a network attached Lexmark E342n printer, I cannot print from Notepad, Wordpad and IE 6.0. As soon as I select the "Print" menu, the application closes by itself without asking me to save. I did the following in different order several times and it was never successful. The problem happens right after GDI+ detection tool was installed. GDI+ detection tool is installed by Automatic update.



1. Install Windows 2000 Pro



2. Install Windows Office XP



3. Do Windows Update to install Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool



4. Install the printer



5. I cannot print from IE 6.0, Notepad, and Wordpad but MS Word can print.



If I pretend that I have a non-Lexmark printer and install it additionally and set it as default printer, I can select the Lexmark printer after selecting the "Print" menu, but I get an error like "val.nameID is null Line:4959". I can print, but I cannot get rid of the error. After printing a "page fault" error comes up. I saw this problem with other Lexmark printers.



A Lexmark printer doesn't work with Internet Explorer 6.0, notepad, and wordpad.?microsoft net



looks like a corrupted print driver



try lexmark web page

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair