Friday, November 27, 2009

Yahoo Toolbar buttons in Firefox are gone?

When I open Firefox now all of the buttons I had on my Yahoo toolbar are gone except for the Anti-spy button. They were there the last time I used Firefox though so I don't know what happened to them. I tried adding buttons but apparently they're not being saved for some reason because when I go back into the option to add buttons none of the ones I checked still have the checkboxes marked and refreshing the toolbar doesn't help either. My toolbar works fine in IE so it seems to be just related to Firefox which may mean it's problem with the Firefox browser rather than with the toolbar itself but I'm not sure. Has anyone out there had this problem too? If so, how did you resolve it? Thanks!



Yahoo Toolbar buttons in Firefox are gone?windows 2000



This is a Yahoo problem that happens for the IE and FF toolbars. You can get your buttons to reappear on the toolbar by signing out of Yahoo and signing back in.



Yahoo Toolbar buttons in Firefox are gone?internet explorer internet explorerI'm glad you asked this question, because I've been having this problem for about a month. I never manually sign out of Yahoo, so I wouldn't have ever figured it out! Thanks. Report It


I'm having the same problem. The common asnswer I keep seeing bandied about is that is the result of a extension conflict. However, I have neither installed any new extentions nor have I updated any recently. I don't have a solution to offer you but I did want to take a moment and let you know it is not just you.



Edited to add: I had uninstalled and reinstalled the Yahoo toolbar. Problem continued to exist. So I I figured I'd switch over to the Google toolbar. Well... installing the Google toolbar *fixed* my Yahoo toolbar. Even after turning off the Google toolbar, the Yahoo toolbar is still fine. Bizarre!
I'm having the same problem too, and I'm on firefox. It might be the yahoo server or something. I hope they fix it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair