Wednesday, November 25, 2009

IE Cannot Display Web Page?

I'm trying to add a desktop to an all wireless office. I purchased a USB adapter with plenty of range and I'm gettin a strong connection signal but I keep getting that message. I tried entering the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default Gateway myself but to no avail. There are 2 laptops using the same connection with no problem. I did notice that their IP addresses are different (192.168.22.2, and 192.168.22.3). Do I need to assign a different number to mine? or is this even the problem.



IE Cannot Display Web Page?download windows xp



When you set it up for DHCP (Assign automatically) what IP address do you get ? (type start -%26gt; run -%26gt; cmd -%26gt; enter, and type ipconfig /all to get your current settings)



You must use a different IP than those two computers, and your gateway must be set to the router's address, compare your settings to the working computers... your IP address must not be used by any other computer on the network. DHCP usually gives an ip address to your computer automatically , but you may not have a DHCP server setup in your network.



Once you get to the point where you can ping your router (aka gateway), you should be good to to (start -%26gt; run -%26gt; cmd -%26gt; enter, ping [router address] probably 192.168.22.1 or 192.168.22.254 from the ip's you gave in your question.



If none of the above works, I would think you have your wireless security set wrong. Delete the profile through whatever wireless manager your new adapter is using, and re-add it making sure your using the right kind of authentication, and encryption, and key/secret if any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair