Wednesday, November 25, 2009

How do I deal with a problem co-worker?

I’m having co-worker issues. I think I could get along with this person if we weren’t shoved into a hot, small room together, and I didn’t have spend 8 hours a day listening to her crap. These are the issues I’m dealing with. My manager knows I’m having personal conflicts with this co-worker, but says they can’t do anything about it. I don’t want to “confront” the person as she’ll have a huge tear-y melt down and make a big dramatic scene about how mean I was to her.



1.Noises – sighs, coughs, snorts, loud inhales. Sounds like a little thing, but I can’t wear headphones and the radio isn’t drowning the noise out. The constant noises are driving me nuts!



2.Wastes time – walks around chatting to people, reads the paper at her desk, stretches out quick tasks. Then acts busy when the supervisor is around (shuffles paper loudly, quickly picks up the phone and calls back someone who left a voice mail 2 days ago)



3.Takes credit for results and pretends she doesn’t make errors – she’s quick to say “us” when our department does something correctly, but it turns to “someone” if it’s an error.



4.Invades my personal space – I have a mirror behind my desk and she stands right behind my chair and flosses her teeth and puts lotion on her face (why does she need to look in a mirror to put lotion on her face?!?!?)



5.Constantly complains – about management, the company, personal issues, money issues, other co-workers, etc, but she wont ever do anything to make it better. Tells people all her troubles and isn’t ashamed, almost relishes, being in a bad position but wont fix the problem. (ie: “I can’t afford to eat” but she can afford cigarettes, going to the bar, internet, cable, etc. “I can’t afford clothes” when we got a new dress code, but wont wear clothes people have donated to her)



6.Shares too much personal info – about money, health, relationships, mental health, etc.



7.Is overly dramatic about EVERYTHING – says things about our senior management -implying they are “out to get:” her and are just looking for ways to make our lives harder. Says “ow” every time she moves an arm that is having “pains”, or about how she didn’t get any sleep because she was worrying about things.



8.Is sneaky – she’ll gossip and find underhand ways to “hurt” people who cross her.



Like I said above, I don’t want to confront her because she’ll have a dramatic crying fit, tell everyone else in the office how mean I am, and start planning how to “destroy” me. As I’m stuck in this tiny room with just the two of us I’d prefer to find some way of either ignoring her, hypnotizing myself to not notice her, or get management to get her out of here (not likely – she makes people feel sorry for “how bad she has it”)



How do I deal with a problem co-worker?ie



If you don't want to confront her and your boss can't move you then your only option is to find another job.



How do I deal with a problem co-worker?microsoft internet explorer



If you want an answer make a sentence or two describing the issue not a book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Simple........video tape........replay it back to all and sundry including your boss...........problem, s-o-l-v-e-d.............good luck...................
take the mirror down.



you need to either talk to her and let her have the breakdown or just get over it.



if she's a drama queen she will survive.
Take care of yourself. Cover your behind. Don't cover for her ever. Management must see through her it's never me deal because that's not normal as everyone makes mistakes from time to time. It's how you handle them, that is what is important and are they the same mistakes or different ones? Does she make an effort to improve? It doesn't sound like it. What are the real consequences of her behavior and actions? You need to learn how to just deal with her. If you say anything then it could come back to haunt you. It's about knowing when to speak up and when to just be quiet. Maybe take up pilates or yoga or something else to help you zone out when you are not at work. Just focus on yourself. Forget her. It will get easier once you get in the habit of it. Move the mirror. Make it more difficult for her to get closer to you. Do what you can to keep her the furthest possible distance away.
First get rid of your mirror. Tell her flossing her teeth near you is unhygenic. Whenever she ouches out loud, tell he she needs to take better care of herself in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair