Friday, November 27, 2009

Opera 9. How do I...?

Ok. I know IE is full of security issues, so I thought I'd give Opera 9 a shot after having not liked it before. I hate Mozilla. I can't stand it. Problem is, Opera has the same issues I don't like about FireFox.



How do I right click and drag and drop Favorites (or Bookmarks in this case). How do I make my toolbars smaller? In IE, I have two bars. One is my Links, and the other houses the File, Edit, ect, the address bar, a google toolbar, and my back, home, stop buttons, etc. I have TONS of screen area. With Opera (and FF), it makes my viewable page much smaller, and there is a lot of wasted space next to that Help menu.



Is this possible? Or am I stuck with IE and its securuity issues? I hate Netscape, so please don't send me in that direction. It's nothing more than a base for FF honestly.



Opera 9. How do I...?windows update



You can try getting different skins for Opera. I've got one that makes all the buttons real small. Search on the Opera site for etched-in-stone. If you don't like that one, there are plenty of skins that utilize smaller buttons.



As for the "right click" thing....In Opera, click on bookmarks -%26gt; Manage Bookmarks. This opens another tab with your bookmarks. Then in the browsers tool bar, click on View and make sure Sort by My Order is checked (mine was defaulted as Sort by Name), then in the main window left click on the bookmark you want to move around and release when it's in the spot you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair