Friday, November 27, 2009

Parents controling on dating/marriage issue driving me crazy?

Fighting a loosing battle with your own personality???



I a very shy, nice, and quiet person problem is i have alittle bad streak in the mix as well.I know the type of guy my parents like for me and taught me to go for ie. the good christian guy with great morals and does not party/gets good grades ect.Problem is i am not attracted to this type of person at all mainly because i am not that religious i already had se* with one past long term bf.I also like to go out every now and then to party plus try new things like jet skii.Am i fighting a loosing battle by trying to make my parents happy by dating the conservative guy? My parents seem to push this on me finding the perfect or right guy to date and marry drives me crazy.Should i just not tell them who i am dating i am in my first



Parents controling on dating/marriage issue driving me crazy?microsoft access



You're probably attracted to these other guys simply because it's what your parents don't want....



You're young... don't take relationships too seriously. Eventually you'll probably get sick of the 'bad boy' just because they tend to grow-up slower... always stuck in that party mode. Be honest with your parents.... they just love you and want the best for you.



Just use your head.... use protection... and have fun.



Parents controling on dating/marriage issue driving me crazy?windows mobile 6 internet explorer



dont tell them
You have to cut the cord. If they are paying for your college then just nod your head and say "uh, huh." and let it roll of your back. Controlling parents will use finances over your head to get you to do as they wish, so watch out for that. I guess just don't tell them who you are dating and say that you are focusing on school and not interested in dating or marrying right now. As soon as school is over get out of their house and don't accept any money from them, then you can live your life as you wish.



Personally, I moved out on my own at 18 and paid for my college degree with my own money because I wanted to be free from my mother's control. Are you strong enough to do that yet? I can tell you that it was worth it to me.
First of all, what they don't know won't hurt them.



However, it may hurt you not to be able to tell them.



Try being a lesbian and having your mother set you up on blind dates with boys from church....it sucks!



Eventually you are going to have to "come out" to your parents as the person you really are, if you still want them in your life. It's a pain, but necessary, and really (I'm not making this up even though it sounds like an after school special) it makes you appreciate what you want and what you have.



If you want to hold them off for awhile, just tell them that you don't want to date right now because you are concentrating on your schoolwork. Parents love to hear things like that, and it will get them off of your back. (Worked for me!)



BTW, I did tell my Mum and she was a little weirded out, but says she loves me anyway and will support whatever I do...and man, do I ever feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair