Sunday, November 29, 2009

Why doesn't my PC start up?

My PC is a 6-year-old NEC Txi. It was attacked by Trojan a while ago. So, I reformatted the whole thing, but now it gets even worse.



1) It won't start up. It will just beep and the hard disc light won't be on. (Occasionally, it does start up if I am lucky, but the beeping is still there)



2) If I don't touch the PC while it's on for abt 10 mins, it will automatically not let me type in anything on the screen, and I'll have to restart the compu again, which causes the beep and sometimes it won't restart



3) When I open IE, there will be lots of IE windows popping up and a Windows 2000 window pops up as well



Is my PC having some hard disc problem? Can the problem be solved easily I am kind of an idiot with computers. Do i need to buy a new PC?



Why doesn't my PC start up?windows explorer



6 years - go buy a new one.



Why doesn't my PC start up?microsoft zune internet explorer



I've got the same exact thing. It's a virus.
Try looking up Ill Will Press and click on Tech Support.



http://www.illwillpress.com/vault.html
Taking into account the age of the machine, the win 2000 and your limited knowledge on computers, I would either get a new PC or take your machine to a reliable shop and have them install a new hard drive with windows XP. It should cost you about $300.00 for these two items and labor. Yet, with about $500.00 you could get a decent new PC.



Good luck
if you don't wanna buy a new one, try this. Beeping is caused by cards(memory, video, lan) and sometimes HD not properly put in place. check it out. For the popping things, all you have to do is install an anti virus software. I would prefer McAfee Virus Scan Enterprise 8.5. Check also the setting on your pc with regards to Stand by and shutdown. Left click on the desktop, properties, Screensaver, Power, then turn off monitor and hard disk option choose never.



-ciao!!!
I answered a question very similer to that...if not exactly similar lol just click the link below to lead ya to the question



http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair