Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Why is the Mozilla Firefox window jumpy?

I just bought a new PC and new monitor and one of the first things I did was download Mozilla Firefox. However, most of the time I open it, the webpages seem to be jumping/shaking up and down, as if I'm constantly scrolling up and down. The problem is, I'm not scrolling, the web pages are just erratic. The other problem is this is not a consistent problem, It happens almost every time I launch Firefox, but not every time. It is, however, unique to Firefox. I can use IE without any problems and I haven't experienced any other programs with similar errors.



Is there a fix within Firefox? Is there a problem with my monitor? With how my monitor is hooked up? Is there a problem with my graphics card?



I'm probably panicking over nothing, but I appreciate any feedback. I spent plenty of money on getting a new computer,and I'd like to be able to use it worry free. Thank you!



Why is the Mozilla Firefox window jumpy?microsoft frontpage



Try the following steps in Firefox and check,



If you got bookmarks toolbar enabled, but there's nothing on it, then just hide the toolbar or add an item to it.To hide the bookmark toolbar ,click on View -%26gt; Toolbars. Here uncheck bookmark toolbar.



Also it could be that you placed the bookmark toolbar items onto your menu bar or navigation toolbar for instance. Right click toolbar, click on customize , now drag the items that belong to the bookmark toolbar from the menu bar or navigation toolbar to the customize toolbar window and click Done. Now open the same window and put out the items in the toolbar back again and check.



If you installed a new theme recently, and your browser's been acting up only since then. Then its time for say goodbye to the new theme and bring back the default one by clicking on Tools -%26gt; Add-ons %26gt; themes %26gt; Select default theme and click 'use theme'... A nasty extension could also be the culprit here.



------



As far as smoothly scrolling down a webpage is concerned:



Make sure smooth scrolling is enabled in firefox. Do this by clicking Tools %26gt; Options %26gt; Advanced (tab) %26gt; General (tab) . Now under the browsing section check 'use smooth scrolling' if it isn't checked already and hit OK. This will enable firefox to smoothly glide up and down a webpage.



However ticking the smooth scrolling option may slow down the scrolling speed of a webpage especially the one with images and flash content.



Why is the Mozilla Firefox window jumpy?windows vista home premium internet explorer



Actually, the first thing you should do with a new PC is to check for driver updates. Your mfg should have a web site where you can check to see if there are updates. New PCs have all the latest hardware and it often has version 1 drivers, and have already been outdated by the time they are sold.
I just started getting this problem too.....never happened before but now just about any site I go on the site keeps jumping up and down (very annoying) I haven't changed anything on my pc that would make it do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair