Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ads in IE back button?

Hello,



Here is my problem and how it started. It was one of those nights where I went about updating and running all my spyware tools. Ad-Aware, Spybot, Spyware Blaster, Trend Micro Anti-Spyware and PC-cillin. Then I hit up Windows Update and finished the night off by pulling a Disk Cleanup, CCleaner and a Disk Defrag.



All was finished, then I went to bed. When I came back to my PC this morning I had noticed right away that Windows Update reactivated that annoying Information Bar...no problem, I just shut it down again. Then I started surfing, all was well....until I went to back out. One click, two click, three click....I remain on the same page. I right click on the back button and notice ads that had been blocked showed up in the box.



I use Popup Stopper from System Mechanic, been using it since it first came out. This problem originally showed up when XP SP2 was downloaded, but I corrected it by eliminating it from the block lost. That does not work now.



Ads in IE back button?



I had this same exact problem one time. You probably already know that the problem goes away once you disable your popup stopper. This makes it looks like the problem is there, instead of with the browser.



First off, you mentioned that you disabled the Information Bar. I assume the route you took is via the help section for the bar. Which really doesn't kill the Information Bar totally. Try this:



Tools%26gt;Internet Options%26gt;Advanced



Scroll down to Security and check the first two options. Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer(which most likely is already checked) and Allow active content to run in files on My Computer. Click Apply, then OK. The problem should now be gone entirely.



I am not sure how the Information Bar ties into the conflict with certain popup stoppers, but I know there is one because this option resolves both issues. One being those ads in your back button and two being Information Bar being present from time to time once you disable it the way help tells you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
computer repair